Take command of your yacht insurance costs.
You didn’t get this far by accident or luck. Your success is the result of making smart decisions and good investments – including your decision to purchase a yacht and protect that investment with comprehensive yacht insurance.
But just because you purchased a yacht doesn’t mean you’re willing to pay high-end yacht insurance prices. By purchasing yacht insurance from Markel Marine, you don’t have to. You get more for your money with our competitive rates and more inclusive coverage. Plus, you can take command of your yacht insurance costs with numerous options so you can tailor your coverage to fit your needs and budget.
Get more yacht insurance coverage without paying extra.
Markel Marine yacht insurance offers more inclusive coverage with a basic yachting insurance policy so you get more for your money.
- No Maximum Length or Hull Value
- Agreed Value Hull Coverage for total losses with Replacement Cost provided for most partial losses
- Wreck Removal with Hull coverage
- Tender coverage with $500 deductible
- Medical Payments $10,000 included (higher limits available)
- Personal Effects Coverage $2,500 included (higher limits available)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage $1,000 included (higher limits available)
- Uninsured Boater Coverage equal to the Protection & Indemnity limit, up to $2,000,000
- Aggregate for Extra Windstorm Expense $1,000 included
- Emergency Towing and Assistance $750 included (higher limits available)
- Pollution Liability Coverage up to $854,400
- Longshore and Harbor Workers Compensation
- Jones Act Protection for injured crew members
Increase your level of protection with yacht insurance coverage options.
- Trip Coverage
- Fishing Equipment Coverage
- Trailer Coverage
- Transit & Storage Coverage
- Boat Lifts & Boat Houses
- Trip Interruption
- Coverage for Paid Captain and Crew
Reduce your premiums by customizing your yacht insurance.
On the water, you decide your destination. No reason you shouldn’t also be in charge of your yacht insurance costs. Markel Marine’s flexible marine yacht insurance allows you to tailor your yacht insurance coverage to save you money.
- Actual Cash Value Coverage – reduce coverage for your yacht to Actual Cash Value settlement, which factors in depreciation
- Lay-up Option – we’ll discount your yacht insurance coverage when your yacht is not in use (e.g. the off season)
- Higher Deductibles – If you can manage the minor repairs, a higher deductible will reduce your premium
- Windstorm Exclusion – remove windstorm coverage from your policy
- Protection & Indemnity Coverage Only – restrict yacht insurance coverage to third-party liability, which doesn’t require a survey (even for older boats)
Learn more about our customized trawler insurance or sport fishing insurance.
Do you live aboard?
If you are living the dream, we can also provide personal liability coverage while you are exploring or getting provisions off of your yacht. Not only will you have peace of mind while aboard, but you will enjoy it while on the hard as well.
It's important that you understand your yacht insurance so you can be confident that you and your yacht are protected. A Markel Marine agent can help you tailror your coverage to your specific needs.
Want even more reasons to insure with Markel Marine?
We bring you savings along with superior coverage. Markel includes additional savings for mature operators, diesel fuel, safety equipment and multiple yachts under the same policy. Financially responsible yacht owners can save even more.
There's more than yacht insurance than coverage and price. What happens when you have a claim? Markel's Claim Professionals are seasoned marine specialists and they enjoy boating as much as you do. Markel works with the best marine surveyors to expedite your claim and make sure things flow as smoothly as possible for you. Learn more about Markel's claim handling.
Yacht insurance quotes
Ready to get an insurance quote? Choose the option that best suits you: